Friday, August 22, 2014

Food: Roi Et, Mt. Pritchard

I think the quality of photos on this blog will fluctuate with accordance of equipment available to me to take snaps of food and things I find interesting. My phone is on the brink of death and I don't know how long it will last me.

Ok, this Thai place got new owners and opened 'Roi-Et Thai Kitchen'. Personally, I think this Thai place is doing a better job than the previous owners who weren't able to maintain regular patronage. Roi-Et actually attempted to send out menus to the local area. AND THEY DO DELIVERY. It neighbours Dominoes and Red Rooster, so they have hefty competition.

I quite like this place and I've had my fair share of Thai food. It's a little on the sweeter side of things but it doesn't bother someone like me who has a sweet tooth. If you really want to get every bang for a buck, then visit the restaurant during it's lunch special hours and selected dishes are only $8.50. (I'm guessing 1-3pm, Mon-Fri, I forgot to note it down). They also give really generous servings too.

There really isn't much to say about this dish because everyone has had chicken pad thai (if you haven't, what is wrong with you?) and it just ticks all your boxes for a standard pad thai.


The place is really quiet with hardly any patronage and there was a dead mosquito on our table but it doesn't really phase me. It is really an underrated place to have Thai food but I understand why this is. It's because there are so many other better Thai places around that aren't that expensive to go to and are quality authentic Thai.

Roi-et Thai Kitchen on Urbanspoon

- Helen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Helen,

    I've added a new feature so you can publish your blog posts on Urbanspoon yourself without having to wait for us to do it! Here's how it works:

    - Make sure you're signed into Urbanspoon.
    - Go to your Urbanspoon blog page (not your user profile): https://www.urbanspoon.com/br/70/13431/Sydney/Capital-Eff.html
    - Click "Edit blog settings".
    - In the Pending Posts section, click "Edit and publish my pending posts".
    - Then, enter the "snippet" text, verify the date and URL, and press Publish.

    Please make sure that:
    - The URL should be the permalink to the blog post (not the blog home page, a category page, a post preview, or a service like feedproxy).
    - The snippet should be 3-4 sentences (quoted from your blog post) that gives an idea of what's in the post.
    - The snippet should NOT include bylines, dates, address info, captions, tags, HTML code, etc.

    If reviewing a restaurant that is part of a chain, only add a spoonback for one of the locations. The only exception to this is if you are specifically and in detail reviewing more than one of the locations.

    Note: there may be a delay of 1-2 hours after you post on your blog until our system detects the post.

    We'll give you one week to do it yourself, then it'll go into our queue to publish.

    Thank you for all of your contributions, and let me know if you have any questions.

    Best regards,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete