Saturday, January 31, 2015

Food: Oliver Brown, Liverpool


Oliver Brown is a fairly new chocolate focused dessert cafe with just having opened their first store in Top Ryde, Sydney in 2010.
So, you might ask, what makes it so much different from other chocolate cafes out there like Max Brenners? I can tell you that it's not much.
I have since returned to Oliver Brown because the cafe my friends and I were going to go to wasn't open for the day.
It's a popular place but I suppose that might be because of the lack of Max Brenners in the area. This is not to say there is absence of any competition. So it's probably worth the visit if you want to go to a Max Brenners but Oliver Brown is much closer. Convenience is really key for someone as lazy as me.

Hot Chocolate
The hot chocolate was rich in flavour is not for those who have an aversion to overbearing sweetness. I have a mega sweet tooth so it was absolutely divine.
Churros with melted milk and dark chocolate
You can probably get the churros elsewhere for cheaper and was pretty much the same quality.

selection of water or fruit-infused water
The second time visiting Oliver Brown, there wasn't water available nor was there a fruit-infused water. Is this because of a slowdown in business or because they no longer care? Who knows but poor form for OB.

P.S. Sorry for hiatus, will maybe come back with more food adventure posts with less pretentious commentary and more posts about real world issues. (I just have absolutely no idea what I want to do) OH OH and more quality photos!!!

Much love, Helen

(Urbanspoon hasn't listed the Liverpool store on it's site but you will have no trouble finding one)

No comments:

Post a Comment