Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Fashion: DIY FAIL

Hello lovely reader(s)!

I am the other half of 'F'- the far less knowledgeable half in regards to food. I probably have less experience with food than the thread from Matt Preston's sweaty cravat. I am by no means saying that I'm an expert in fashion (or fun for that matter), but I feel as though I've watched/read enough fashion related articles to delude myself into thinking that I know my shit.

In said delusional state, I thought I'd fill my uni break with some creative DIY projects! As you have read from the title of this post, it didn't exactly go too well. Inspired by Jenn Im's (youtube channel: clothes encounters) advice: "just hack off the extra material of your shirt", I did just that.

Except it turned into a frayed mess.

Tip 1: Use a ruler and marker to make sure you're cutting the shirt evenly.
Tip 2: Don't cut it so short that you don't have enough material to hem up.


Liz Davenport: Made in Australia

Shirt - thrifted

- Anita

2 comments:

  1. Cool shirt! Some of the best purchases are definitely those made from thrift stores. I think it doesn't look bad, in fact it makes you appear younger and trendy ;-)
    "...than the thread from Matt Preston's sweaty cravat." <-- that had me laughing! :-P
    You'll only get better from here on, right? Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie! Thank you for such a lovely comment :D I normally tucked it in, but it's such a pain because there was much excess fabric to shove in my pants hahaha

    ReplyDelete