Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Food: Twelve, Newtown

We picked this restaurant because of its outdoor diners and opened up front. It was inviting and we were hopeful.

As a group of 6, we needed a large table but their tables mostly accommodated for 2's and 4's. The booth seat of 4 would have worked just fine for the 6 of us but the owner of the restaurant (assumed that he was because he was interviewing a girl later on) wasn't willing to move. I am not sure if he wants his restaurant to succeed at all. I read reviews after (just to avoid bias) my visit and the general consensus reflected my experience.

I ordered a beef burger because the lady suggested it as a special. Being only $8, I thought, why not? Um, because the beef was dry and the sauce was lacking. I have never been so dissatisfied with a basic beef burger. The burger was more bread than beef and it just threw the whole balance of flavours off and was pretty plain tasting.

There is not much more than I can say about this substandard burger. I hope they are able to up their game because they do have a neatly designed restaurant in a prime location.

Beef burger; lettuce, tomato, Gruyere cheese, gherkins caramelised onions mayo & ketchup
8
w/ chips 13



Twelve on Urbanspoon
- Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment