Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Fashion: New to town



left- me! // right - Richard


I've been waiting to let this 90's inspired outfit see the light of day for a while now. But for a casual lunch with the family, this combination of tartan, distressed denim and pointy heels can be considered a bit too much. So, when my friends and I decided to leave our cave of pillows and blankets and venture out to Newtown for brunch, I knew - this was the outfit's time to shine.

Things you should know about me:

1. I am a sucker for scarves and will find any opportunity to wear one during autumn/winter. Here I am wearing this chunky knit infinity scarf that I got for a dollar!

2. I am also a sucker for boyfriend jeans. Boy am I glad this became trendy because now I won't have to go to the trouble of finding a boyfriend! 

3. I'm the Marshall of photographs. If you watch How I Met Your Mother, you would know that Marshall can never take decent photos because his eyes would be closed. Luckily, my eyes managed to stay open in these two (out of the hundred) that we took!


Jacket - thrifted
Shirt - h&m (similar here)
Scarf - Cotton On
Boyfriend jeans - Jay Jays (if you can't get your hands on a boyfriend, acquire one from here)
Vintage purse - borrowed from Helen because I cleverly left mine elsewhere
Shoes - Hong Kong

-Anita

2 comments:

  1. Hey Anita, you & your friend are both looking fab! Loving the combination of tartan + bf jeans. Also, I appreciate the second picture where you’re both accessorised/styled in a similar way and the pose. I am so glad that they seem to be coming back into fashion because I personally prefer the comfort of boyfriend jeans (the one type of boyfriend that we have – did I interpret your post correctly?) Now that I think about it, there are some 90’s pieces that I would like to see return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sophie! that's exactly what I meant hahaha
      what are some 90's revivals that you want to see?

      Delete